2. What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
3. Can you reject our cookies?
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser, such as Chrome, or Internet Explorer. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the site, notably the account system.
4. What does The Nottingham Robot Company use its cookies for?
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- creating a specific log-in session for a user of the site in order that the site remembers that a user is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognising when a user of the site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the site and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- recognising if a visitor to the site is registered with us in any way;
- we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our site.
customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site.
Performance and measurement
collecting statistical information about how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which items are most popular to users.
5. Third Party Cookies
Our website is based on the Shopify platform, and as such all cookies are handled by a third party. Mailchimp is also used for the purposes of email marketing. A summary of these cookies are as follows.
This uses a variety of cookies, please see their cookie statement for more information.
_ab Used in connection with access to admin.
_orig_referrer Used in connection with shopping cart.
_secure_session_id Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
Cart Used in connection with shopping cart.
cart_sig Used in connection with checkout.
cart_ts Used in connection with checkout.
checkout_token Used in connection with checkout.
Secret Used in connection with checkout.
Secure_customer_sig Used in connection with customer login.
storefront_digest Used in connection with customer login.
_landing_page Track landing pages.
_orig_referrer Track landing pages.
_s Shopify analytics.
_shopify_fs Shopify analytics.
_shopify_s Shopify analytics.
_shopify_sa_p Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
_shopify_sa_t Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
_shopify_uniq Shopify analytics.
_shopify_visit Shopify analytics.
_shopify_y Shopify analytics.
_y Shopify analytics.
tracked_start_checkout Shopify analytics relating to checkout.
These take the form of single pixel gifs, also known as web beacons, in every newsletter email sent by The Nottingham Robot Company. These are tiny graphic files that contain unique identifiers that enable us and our users to recognize when their subscribers have opened an email or clicked certain links. These technologies record each subscribers email address, IP address, date, and time associated with each open and click for a campaign. This data is then used by Mailchimp to create reports about how an email campaign performed and what actions subscribers took. See their cookies statement for more information.